The mission of the Oneida County Sheriff's Office is to safeguard life, property
and public order. Members of the Sheriff's Office will always act not for
themselves, but for the good of the public they serve; and at all times respect
and protect the constitutional rights of all persons.
Members of the Sheriff's Office shall strive to perform their duties with the
highest level of professionalism, and will provide all citizens with those
services necessary for a safe, secure, and crime-free environment in which to
live and work.
Goals and Objectives of the Law Enforcement Division
- Protect life and property.
- Deter and prevent crime.
- Preserve public peace and maintain order.
- Enforce all laws and ordinances within jurisdiction.
- Detect and arrest offenders.
- Execute criminal processes in accordance with law.
- Educate public.
Specific Law Enforcement Objectives for 2013
- A continued commitment to providing a safe a secure environment for the citizen's of Oneida County in their communities, public buildings, and businesses.
- An increased presence at the Child Advocacy Center to protect our children.
- Continue to keep the public informed by using social media and public service announcements.
- Reassessment of our operations at the Drug Task Force to ensure proactive enforcement.
- Maintain the accreditation program and streamline it's operation.
- Continue to protect our vulnerable community members through Operation Lifesaver.
- Promote the safety of crime victims by providing information on VINE, the National Victim Notification Network. VINE was created to keep victims informed about the custody status of their offenders. VINE Service Number : (888) 846-3469 TTY: (866) 847-1298 www.vinelink.com.
- Promote the safety of crime victims by providing information on SAVIN-NY (www.savin-ny.com). The Order of Protection Notification System is a free service available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to crime victims who have been granted a Family Court Order of Protection in New York State. This system provides the victim with the choice to register through NY-Alert
to be notified by e-mail, text, iPhone/iPad app, telephone, fax or web
query when law enforcement reports the order as being served.
- Reassess our domestic violence policy to include follow-up interviews.